Finding and training the right staff is absolutely key to our success. A large proportion of those who apply to us have a wealth of catering and event experience, but this is not a prerequisite. We are looking for those that have the right attitude and character, once we find the right person our training schemes will ensure they are ready to go out on site and perform alongside those with more experience.
Regardless of experience all our staff have been personally trained and assessed to ensure that we can offer professional, intelligent and above all, motivated staff. Ongoing training is important so we are quick to recognise those that show extra ability and drive to be promoted to team leaders and managers. To reach these levels further training sessions are completed.
Before anyone can work on their first shift they will complete and pass all stages of our interview and training process:
- - Initial telephone screening
- - A 'one to one' personal interview which includes answering preset questions and a brief
- plated service practical
- - If successful, a recall to one of our training days
- - An education of each potential role and the responsibilities of those roles.
- - Table laying/setting
- - Waiting tables and plated service
- - Bar service
- - Health and safety in the workplace
- - Practical training as individuals and in teams
- - Written test which covers all aspects of the session